Monday, November 10, 2008

Alopecia???

No picture to accompany this post.... My little Emmy was crafting tonight - with scissors - and she suddenly disappeared beneath our center island in the kitchen - with the scissors. When I walked around the island to see what she was doing, she jumped and said, "Oh my goodness! My hair is falling out!" Sure enough, there was a pile of 2 - 3 inch hair lying on my kitchen floor. Thankfully, the "alopecia" only affected an area of her scalp that isn't very noticable. Needless to stay, little Emma-Kate will no longer be crafting with scissors as it tends to aggrevate severe and sudden cases of alopecia in 4 year old blonde girls!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

As soon as you said she disappeared with the scissors I knew what was coming. I think my daughter once had a case of alopecia...... :) She didn't cut her hair...it was someone else cutting it for her. I laughed when I read "Oh my goodness!!" Like it was such a surprise to you both!! Gotta love them--- right?

The Curran Clan said...

it was funny too cuz that is EXACTLY how she said it! you would have to meet Emma-Kate to know some of the things she comes up with! she is the first of my children to cut her own hair.. someone my others weren't too interested in it...thing is, we were just looking at Christina's daughter, Lysi (not Trevors) who cut her hair - and Emma said she would never do that.. and then cuts her own.. aren't kids GREAT!!? lol

The Curran Clan said...

it was funny too cuz that is EXACTLY how she said it! you would have to meet Emma-Kate to know some of the things she comes up with! she is the first of my children to cut her own hair.. someone my others weren't too interested in it...thing is, we were just looking at Christina's daughter, Lysi (not Trevors) who cut her hair - and Emma said she would never do that.. and then cuts her own.. aren't kids GREAT!!? lol

McKenze Lee said...

*lol* Girls are SOOO much fun. :) I remember when Brighten cut her own hair too. I think I even did it once when I was a wee lass...

Gina, Brandon, and Cooper said...

I think I did mine on my birthday. I even think it was my 6or 7th b-day (probably old enough to know better). I just remember I wanted to have my hair look pretty, and apparently bangs were not in season that year.