Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Please watch your kids!


Saturday night I went running up the canyon behind our house and as I was coming out of the canyon, I noticed a red and white helicopter hovering awfully close to my neighborhood. At first, I thought maybe someone had been hurt down by the lake. But, the helicopter kept getting lower and lower and as I came running out of the canyon , it landed right on the street that runs to our home. Turns out, it was a life flight helicopter. The whole neighborhood was coming out in full force to see what was going on so, Reddy and I plus 4 kids made our way down the street. Turns out a 4 year old little boy nearly drowned in his aunts backyard swimming pool. I am fairly certain no one in our neighborhood owns a built in ground swimming pool so it was most likely your standard variety 12-24 inch kids pool. This was just a strong reminder to always watch your kids when they are swimming! And to drain your pool when you are done swimming for the day! I haven't heard how the little boy is doing but we hope for the best!


And, no blog would be complete without an update picture of my little chunky monkey!

1 comment:

Mistie said...

Oh my god. His head is getting fat. I love it.